Just our name gives an indication as to the origin of the operation. The Wutach valley in the southern Black Forest near the Swiss border is home to the Family owned company Zwirnerei a. d. Wutach GmbH. It was founded in Stühlingen in 1886. In the past, cotton thread was produced on machines which were driven with the help of water power and transmission belts. Today, an automatically controlled power station provides the machines and systems with the majority of their necessary energy.
Technical yarns and threads were produced from the end of the 19th century. In the 1980s, the company began to focus on the food, medical and hygiene industries. Since then, these efforts have been confirmed with our certifications. The facility is equipped with modern machines which are continually altered to achieve the requirements of the market.